Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Bad Fiancee'?

My fiance' called me on my way home from work asking if I was coming out to the soccer fields to watch tryouts. He volunteers a lot of his time coaching the sport he grew up playing and loves with all of his heart (almost as much as I love sleep). I hesitated on the phone, partially because I felt a little guilty because he asked me to come and I really don't wanna. But here's the deal. I have been at work all day. I'm hungry, I'm tired, I'm irritable. The last thing I want to do is sit out on a hard bleacher listening to parents gripe and complain about the heat, their kid not trying hard enough, someone else's kid getting on their nerves, etc. I have to put up with that 11 1/2 months out of the year. I am currently on my 2 week reprieve. No games, no practices, no sports. So if it's all the same to you, honey, I will come home to a quiet house, start the dryer for the 3rd time since Sunday, (because I've been too lazy to get the clothes out and now they're wrinkled), empty the dishwasher, dig the remote out of the sofa, and have a glass of wine. Besides, it isn't like we're going to hang out. You'll be busy running around like a crazy person with a clipboard. This is not quality time for us. It is, however, a very sweet gesture that you asked, because it means you still like me enough to include me in things. That's a plus. You may like me less by the time you get home and I've had a half a bottle of wine, accidentally deleted your favorite TV show off DVR and shrunk your favorite shirt from drying it 3 times.

BUT!

The dishwasher will be empty! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment