Wednesday, October 23, 2013

My Random Hump Day Confessions....

  • I’m the youngest of 4
  • My childhood consisted of Barbies, Hot Wheels cars, slamming my Big Wheel into things, climbing trees, skinning knees, stubbing toes, and riding piggy back on my dad’s back every morning down the stairs.
  • My favorite hiding places were the closet underneath the stairs and behind the outside a/c unit.
  • As a kid, I always thought I’d have a house full of girls. God’s plan was better than mine.
  • I once ran away from home because I was mad at my mom. (I was 2 1/2 years old) Our street had just been paved and the soles of my shoes got tar all over them. I guess you could say I was a Tarheel, but I grew up to be a Dukie. 
  • I have suffered from panic attacks since I was 16 years old. To this day, even though they are few and far between, I always look for an exit in strange places.
  • Migraines have been my silent nemesis since I was 7. One of the worst migraines hit me during an away middle school football game when I was 13. I was a cheerleader. I puked in my pom poms on the bus ride back to the school. No one ever knew. Until now.
  • I dislocated my knee in the middle of a high school football game when I was 16 years old. I waited the longest hour of my life on my father to get to the hospital to grant the doctors permission to pop it back in place. I get I was a minor and all, but wouldn’t something like that kinda go without saying? Did they think there was a chance he’d show up and say “Nahhh, you can leave her knee cap on the side of her leg. It looks better that way.” ?
  • I believe in therapy…but you must be open minded.
  • My dentist has finally stopped asking me if I floss. I lied the first 20 years of my life, then told the truth the next 15 “Nope. Not unless there’s something lodged up in there”. My dentist has given up hope.
  • I have many regrets in life. My divorce is not one of them.
  • I wish I drank more water. I hate water. Unless I’m swimming in it.
  • My stepchildren make being a stepmom easy.
  • My husband is a reactor. I’m a processor. I am his brakes and he is my gas pedal. The crazy dynamic seems to work.
  • My kids are my greatest accomplishment. Duh.
  • My dad's sister was one of my most favorite people in the world. She was intelligent, witty, and told some of the most amazing stories about her childhood and the Thompson life in general. She was the only person that ever wrote me letters on a regular basis. Even after she was diagnosed with ALS, she wrote until her hands could no longer form the words. When she passed, a part of my heart died with her. I have her letters saved. I can see the deterioration in her handwriting, but the content remained sharp and witty. I didn't get a chance to tell her while she was alive, but she was my idol in all things good. 
  • My mom always says "Ya never know what's going to happen to you when you wake up in the morning." Truer words have never been spoken. Today I would've never guessed that my new puppy would finally crap in the yard. Tomorrow will certainly be the day I'll step in it.



What are yours?



No comments:

Post a Comment