Friday, November 15, 2013

JUSTIN Time for a Little People Watching

I took my 16 year old to see Justin Timberlake in Concert on Wednesday night. JT put on an amazing show and we had an absolute blast! Almost as exciting as his performance, was the people watching and the overall "mood" of the place. While I expect to see some crazy drunk and disorderly behavior at a heavy metal/rock concert, I was somewhat surprised at a JT concert. It was quite entertaining.

In contrast to my super fun Wednesday, I made the dreaded trek to the Social Security office Thursday morning to (finally) change my name after getting married over the summer. I’d procrastinated because I knew what a nightmare that entire waiting process is. However, the upside: more great people watching. As I sat there, I realized it was much like that of the JT concert. Wellllll….similar, but different.

Here’s How:

JT  Concert: There’s always at least one crying teenage girl sitting in front of you.
SS Office: There’s always at least one crying toddler sitting in front you.

JT Concert: People wreak of Bud Light.
SS Office: People wreak of Bengay.

JT Concert: There’s always a butt in your face as people scooch past you to get to their seat on your row usually followed by a mumble about how they can’t wait until he sings “Cry Me A River”
SS Office: There’s always a butt in your face as people scooch past you to get to their seat on your row usually followed by a mumble about how they can’t wait until they say "A78".

JT Concert: A beer spills onto the floor as someone breaks it down during Sexy Back.
SS Office:  Medication bottles spill onto the floor as someone frantically searches for their ID.

JT Concert: A dude (drunk) nearly falls down the stairs, punches another patron in the face (on accident) and slightly pees himself.
SS Office: A dude (sober) nearly falls down, punches another patron in the face (on purpose) and slightly pees himself.

JT Concert: You don't want to go to the bathroom because you're afraid you'll miss something amazing.
SS Office: You don't want to go the bathroom because you're afraid you'll, amazingly, miss your number being called.

JT Concert: the place smells of smoke from the stage, ladies perfume, and alcohol.
SS Office:  the place smells of Lysol from the vents, moth balls, and alcohol.

JT Concert: Moods range from “I only came for my kid” to “OMG, I may actually die when I see JT!!”
SS Office: Moods range from “I’m only here to get my check” to “OMG, I may actually die here”.

JT Concert: You spend hours bonding with the person next to you as you dance and sing along to JT.
SS Office: You spend hours bonding with the person next to you as you bitch about the wait, the screaming kid, and their stupid numbering system.

JT Concert: Someone always passes out, missing the complete second set. Friends wake her because the concert is over. Good news: She got a great nap in. Bad news: Her friends refuse to carry her to the car.
SS Office: Someone always dozes off, missing their number being called. Security wakes her because the office has closed. Good news: She got a great nap in. Bad news: She has to come back again tomorrow.

JT Concert: You fight the crowd to get in the door.
SS Office: You fight the crowd to get the hell out.

JT Concert:  You walk away feeling happy and a few years younger.
SS Office: You walk away feeling annoyed and a few years older.



No comments:

Post a Comment