Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Operation Wink - Spread Kindness

March 20th will mark twenty years since my father passed away, which means I will have spent exactly half my life without my father in it. It's difficult for me to fathom. For 2 decades I have hated March 20th. It is a reminder that another year has passed without his gentle personality, dry wit and wisdom. And there isn't a day that goes by that I don't mourn my kids never knowing, first hand, what an amazing person he was.

This year I decided I was not going to dread March 20th. Instead I am making plans to do something uplifting for the soul. I plan to celebrate!

Celebrate what, you ask?

Life.

I have now deemed this month as a kick-off for Operation Wink.

Winking: a friendly gesture. "Wink" was also my childhood nickname given to me by my dad. I feel the word is fitting for exactly what I would like to accomplish on this particular day. 

I ask that you join in by "winking" at others by spreading a small act of kindness in the way of a note to a friend. Choose 10 Twitter or Facebook friends who you feel may need something uplifting in their day. Write a message of encouragement, love, praise, etc. You can choose to send it anonymously (or sign it) and drop it in the mail. Please print the "Operation Wink" image below to send along with your note in honor of this kindness gesture. 

Print me!

Knowing that kindness is spreading is something for me to rejoice in on March 20th. Thank you, friends.

Make kindness go viral!




Whitepages.com is a great reference for mailing addresses.



















No comments:

Post a Comment