Monday, January 6, 2014

My 2013 Top 5 "Laugh at My Pain" Blogs

2013 was a year of change for me. Early in the year I made the decision to put more focus on my writing. I created a personal blog in May and made a promise to myself that I would stick with it. I had created blogs in the past but I would always "get too busy to write". Excuses flowed and I found that something I had started was left in my dust and I felt, once again, like a complete failure. This time I was determined not to set myself up to fail. I NEEDED to write. Even if no one ever read it, it was (is!) my solace and I was doing myself an injustice by not fueling my creative juices and releasing my heart on paper. And so my journey to write "for good" began.

Through my writing I've met some great people, had some crazy experiences, and loved making people laugh. Sometimes we need not take life so damn seriously. Trust me, today I want to stab people in the face, scream at my desk for no reason, and flail in the floor like a 3 year old who didn't get a prize at the store. Why? Because it's a Monday after the holidays and I had to drag grumpy kids out of bed and come to work so I could respond politely to emails that make me want to drive across town and slash someone's tires then I get to rush home to pick up kids from practices, skim through homework, scarf down yet another unhealthy fast dinner and sit at my 42nd basketball game of the season cheering for my kid, while wishing I was home getting crap done and going to bed by 9pm. Not happenin'. But Go Eagles, bitches! 

Yet I choose to find humor, dammit. Otherwise, I have a life full of kids, a hubby, friends and family who are all waiting for my head to spin around.

With all that said, I thought I'd take the liberty of sharing my Top 5 Most Read "Funny" Blogs from 2013....just in case your head is on the verge of spinning, too.

Enjoy!


#5 No Mo Babies!

#4 Top 10 Ridiculously Stupid Things People Say to Moms of (Many) Boys

#3 Back to School Letter for My Kids Teachers

#2 A House vs A Home: The Brady/Riley Face-off

#1 Groupon, the Cult


No comments:

Post a Comment